A Quality of Life Among the Best
There is no better place to live than in Virginia, with its mix of rich history, diverse relaxation and recreation options, the most modern technologies and its quintessential Southern charm. In fact, five Virginia cities are listed in the Top 50 “Best Places to Live 2012” (Money magazine).
Here are just some of the reasons Virginians are proud to call this state their home:
Cost of Living
- Moderate, affordable cost of living that in many categories falls below the national average.
- Modest 5% state sales tax.
- Moderate four-season climate.
- Landscape variety from Atlantic beaches to the Blue Ridge Mountains, with rural and big-city options.
- Over 500 miles of trails, 22 National Parks and 35 State Parks.
400 Years of History
- 400+ years of history, with world-class museums and the nation’s highest concentration of historical attractions including Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown Settlement, Yorktown National Battlefield, Monticello and numerous Civil War sites.
- A vibrant and diverse multi-cultural community.
Sports and Entertainment
- Live professional sporting events including NASCAR, football, baseball, hockey and basketball either within Virginia or just across the border.
- More than 360 golf courses, some of which are consistently ranked by Golf Magazine and Golf Digest.
- A burgeoning wine culture, with over 230 wineries and dozens of wine trails. Virginia is listed as one of the “10 Best Wine Travel Destinations of 2012” by Wine Enthusiast.
- Some of the world’s finest shopping and restaurants.